The Campbell Hausfeld FP209499 is an oil-free compressor that requires lesser maintenance unlike oil-lubricated compressors. This model is excellent for light household duties and is also ideal for inflating tires and small items. If you are someone who is searching for a lightweight compressor, then you may consider Campbell Hausfeld’s FP209499 3-gallon air compressor.
Campbell Hausfeld’s FP209499 3 gallon air compressor
A number of people have invested in this specific model for its mobility as well as the efficiency it offers for inflation, stapling, brad nailing, and airbrushing. The 3-gallon tank offers an increased stored air power while also eliminating pulsations due to piston action. Also, gauges are placed conveniently to easily monitor air pressure, plus an accessory kit is included with this model that has a 25-foot recoil hose, female coupler, blow-gun, inflation needs, male plugs, inflation adapters, PTFE tape, and a tapered inflation nozzle.
- 1 year limited warranty
- Includes an accessory kit to enable users to work with the compressor as soon as possible
- Equipped with a cooler-running light duty motor that maintains the compressor’s overall functionality and performance.
- It has an easy to operate control panel and designed with a carrying handle for portability and convenience which makes the air compressor very user-friendly.
- Designed with a three-gallon tank capacity for adequate stored air and a max of 110psi. The air flow delivered is at .51 CFM at 90psi, and is the perfect home tool for quick and easy tasks.
This is not a large compressor that can be attached to any air-powered tool such as sandblasters, grinders, or other continuous use air tools that require about four to six CFM to operate properly, however users have stated that the compressor has sufficient capacity and pressure to power staplers or nail guns.
Air Compressor Pros and Cons
- It measures 7.87 (weight) x 15.74 (height) x 19.58 (diameter) in inches, weighing almost 20 lbs. which makes the air compressor’s compact design really light and easy to carry around.
- The compressor is considered an excellent choice for a variety of simple chores which include cleaning small engines or equipment, filling auto tires, installing moldings, blowing off dirt, and even works perfectly with heavy-duty framing nailers. Although Campbell Hausfeld’s FP209499 is not fashioned for larger tools, it is widely useful for almost all household projects that do not require that much power.
- A common complaint about Campbell Hausfeld’s FP209499 air compressor is the noise that it produces. It may not be a serious issue for all of the users who work with this model, but a few of them stated that they had to wear hearing protection when operating the air compressor.
- Another common complaint about the machine would be the time it takes for it to gain pressure. Some users say that the time required for their compressor to come up to full pressure was about 10 minutes. It may not really be a problem for some people, but for those who want an air compressor that recharges quickly, then this specific model may not entirely satisfy their needs.
- Many users have also mentioned the quality of the compressor’s air hose, and according to them, its coiled plastic hose is too stiff unlike other models. Despite this complaint, you can simply replace the hose with a better quality rubber hose.