In 1905, an Irish global industrial company named Ingersoll-Rand Inc. was formed by mergers of Ingersoll-Sergeant Drill Company and Rand Drill Company; rival companies that were founded in the year 1871.
Ingersoll-Rand has been a part of the S&P 500 index ever since the company has replaced the Pactiv Corporation on November 16, 2010. The company’s legal headquarters is located in Fingal County in Dublin, Ireland, while its principal administrative headquarters is located in Charlotte, North Carolina – suburban town of Davidson; this is where most of the executive officers, including the CEO, are based in.
Below Are 4 Best Ingersoll- Rand Air Compressors on the Market
For a hundred years, Ingersoll-Rand has provided quality products, as well as excellent customer service so it can be highly expected that their air compressors are crafted to enhance the customer’s productivity, efficiency, and operations through their innovative and distinct Ingersoll-Rand branded product offerings.
There are some simple ways to keep Ingersoll-Rand air compressors working and functioning properly, and here listed below are some of them.
- Any type of tool or equipment comes with a manual so it is best to go through this once you receive your Ingersoll-Rand air compressor. Reading through and understanding how the compressor works will allow you to get the most out of the machine, as well as inform you about the warranty that comes with it.
- If you use your air compressor often, make sure to tighten all fasteners since continuous usage loosens the compressor’s nuts and bolts. Hand test and tighten these with a wrench if any of the fixtures become loose.
- Make sure to clean intake vents. Dust in the air (such as dust coming from woodworking tools like a rotary sander) can block the intake valves and cause your air compressor to work harder than it should. Have a regular checkup and cleaning schedule to extend the equipment’s life.
- Just like regular cleaning and check-ups, the hoses should also be checked regularly. Once you spot creasing and wear, proactively replace the hoses; leaky hoses will reduce the effectiveness of your air compressor and may also strain the functionality of the machine. If you require specific parts for your air compressor, Ingersoll-Rand air compressor parts can be purchased online.
- Replace the filter of your air compressor as needed. A dirty filter will cause your air compressor to work more when taking in air; this allows dirt into the machine which can actually break the motor. Even if the air compressor is not frequently used, the filter should be changed every six months.
- Periodically change the oil of your air compressor. If the Ingersoll-Rand air compressor you have uses oil, top it off before using the machine. You would want to change the oil after every 500-1000 hours of usage.
While you already know how to keep the air compressors working and functioning properly, there are safety precautions necessary when handling and working with machines such as air compressors;
- To keep pneumatic tools working properly, always smear these with lubricants recommended by professionals.
- Before making any adjustments, changes, or installations to your air compressor, ensure that the air supply is turned off and its hoses are disconnected. This is an important thing to remember especially if you are planning any maintenance on the machine.
- Regardless of the tools you are working with, it is necessary to wear eye and ear protection before starting work. Also, make sure that the workspace is well-ventilated to avoid inhaling dangerous chemicals that are harmful to one’s health.
- If your Ingersoll-Rand air compressor is built with an electric drain valve, make sure that the valve is partially 18 inches above the floor. These electric drain valves tend to cause sparking parts which need to be kept away from moist.
We all know that Ingersoll-Rand’s tradition of excellent quality and innovation provides professional-grade power devices for numerous applications. The company has been a leader when it comes to providing excellent tools and equipment and has achieved a number of firsts in the industry. Today, Ingersoll-Rand continues to bring their tradition with new features in addition to their classic standard and quality; and lastly, their air compressors and other products are priced to please both homeowners and contractors alike.