In 1905, an Irish global industrial company named Ingersoll Rand Inc. was formed by mergers of Ingersoll-Sergeant Drill Company and Rand Drill Company; rival companies that were founded in the year 1871.
Ingersoll-Rand has been a part of the S&P 500 index ever since the company has replaced the Pactiv Corporation on November 16, 2010. The company’s legal headquarters is located in Fingal County in Dublin, Ireland, while its principal administrative headquarters is located in Charlotte, North Carolina – suburban town of Davidson; this is where most of the executive officers, including the CEO, are based. The flagship of the company is the Ingersoll Rand air compressor, which are renowned as the best large capacity air compressors on the market.
Below Are 4 Best Ingersoll Rand Air Compressor Reviews
1. Ingersoll Rand P1IUA9 Air Compressor
The Ingersoll Rand P1IU-A9 Air Compressor is solid and sturdy, yet built for portability. This twinstack Ingersoll Rand air compressor is protected by a roll cage with a built in hand carry frame. With a maximum operating air pressure of 135 psi, it is designed for heavy duty applications. The 2 horsepower electric motor fills the 4 gallon air storage tank very quickly. And the Ingersoll Rand Air Compressor can deliver a very impressive 4.3 cfm at 90 psi. Better still, the Ingersoll Rand P1IU-A9 Air Compressor is designed for continuous operations, so it won’t let you down! Suitable for all types of industrial sized jobs, it can handle roofing, trimming, finishing and flooring and decking jobs.
2. Ingersoll Rand SS3F2-GM Garage Mate Air Compressor
The Ingersoll Rand SS3F2-GM Garage Mate Air Compressor is a 30 gallon hot dog style air compressor. Built with a sturdy frame with wheels, this unit is very versatile and portable for the tradesman on the move. Suitable for professionals and DIY enthusiasts alike. Because this Ingersoll Rand air compressor is very versatile, it is useful on remote work sites, or in the house. Don’t be fooled by the apparently small size of this Ingersoll Rand air compressor. This is a seriously powerful air compressor with 5.7 cfm at 90 psi, and a maximum operating pressure of 135 psi. This Ingersoll Rand air compressor is more than capable of running 2 air tools at the same time. With so much power, it is excellent for using to power nail guns, sanders, drills, as well as paint sprayers.
3. Ingersoll Rand P1.5IU-A9 Garage Mate Air Compressor
The Ingersoll Rand P1.5IU-A9 Garage Mate Air Compressor is a powerful 20 gallon air compressor. The single phase 2 horsepower electric motor operates the belt driven air pump. With a massive 5.2 cfm flowrate at 90 psi, the Ingersoll Rand Air Compressor punches well about its weight. Small enough for the garage or shed, the Ingersoll Rand P1.5IU-A9 Air Compressor is big enough for the workshop also. The maximum operating air pressure of 135 psi is more than adequate for most applications. The Ingersoll Rand air compressor can handle more than one air powered tool running at the same time. Quick connect air hose couplers allow for easy too changeover, and provide total confidence in this air compressor. Ideal for all types of air powered tools, the Ingersoll Rand P1.5IU-A9 Air Compressor can handle grinding tools, drills, nailers and impact wrenches.
4. Ingersoll Rand SS3L3 Air Compressor
The mighty Ingersoll Rand SS3L3 Air Compressor is designed as an Electric powered Stationary air compressor. The SS3L3 air compressor is powered by a 3 horsepower motor which delivers an incredible 11.3 CFM at 90 psi. Standing 6 feet tall, this vertical style Ingersoll Rand air compressor is a very imposing unit. Designed to supply compressed air to the whole workshop, it is designed for maximum air power. The 60 gallon air storage tank is paired with precision engineered components which are virtually maintenance free. This Ingersoll Rand air compressor will require a fixed space in the workshop. Despite the fact this 60 gallon air compressor is not portable, it offers the flexibility to run several air pressure hoses at the same time.
5. Ingersoll Rand 2340N5-V Reciprocating Air Compressor
The Ingersoll Rand 2340N5-V Reciprocating Air Compressor is a massive 80 gallon air compressor. This Ingersoll Rand air compressor is a vertical configuration air compressor that has been the industry benchmark for many years. Powered by a 5 horsepower electric motor, this Ingersoll Rand air compressor is built to impress. With a long history of quality, reliability and high pressure, the Ingersoll Rand 80 gallon Air Compressor is simply awesome. No matter whether you run a small workshop, small business, or light industrial company, there is an Ingersoll Rand air compressor than can do the job. Pumping out a very impressive 14.3 CFM at 90 psi, and going all the way up to 175 psi, there is no trouble using this Ingersoll Rand Air compressor to power the whole workshop.
Ingersoll Rand air compressor
For a hundred years, Ingersoll Rand has provided quality products, as well as excellent customer service. So it can be highly expected that the Ingersoll Rand air compressor has been crafted to enhance the customer’s productivity, efficiency, and operations through their innovative and distinct Ingersoll-Rand branded product offerings.
There are some simple ways to keep the Ingersoll Rand air compressor working and functioning properly, and here listed below are some of them.
- Any type of tool or equipment comes with a manual so it is best to go through this once you receive your Ingersoll Rand air compressor. Reading through and understanding how the compressor works will allow you to get the most out of the machine, as well as inform you about the warranty that comes with it.
- If you use your Ingersoll Rand air compressor often, make sure to tighten all fasteners since continuous usage loosens the compressor’s nuts and bolts. Hand test and tighten these with a wrench if any of the fixtures become loose.
- Make sure to clean intake vents. Dust in the air (such as dust coming from woodworking tools like a rotary sander) can block the intake valves and cause your Ingersoll Rand air compressor to work harder than it should. Have a regular checkup and cleaning schedule to extend the equipment’s life.
How to clean your Ingersoll Rand Air Compressor
- Just like regular cleaning and check-ups, the hoses should also be checked regularly. Once you spot creasing and wear, proactively replace the hoses; leaky hoses will reduce the effectiveness of your Ingersoll Rand air compressor and may also strain the functionality of the machine. If you require specific parts for your air compressor, Ingersoll-Rand air compressor parts can be purchased online.
- Replace the filter of your air compressor as needed. A dirty filter will cause your air compressor to work more when taking in air; this allows dirt into the machine which can actually break the motor. Even if the air compressor is not frequently used, the filter should be changed every six months.
- Periodically change the oil of your air compressor. If the Ingersoll Rand air compressor you have uses oil, top it off before using the machine. You would want to change the oil after every 500-1000 hours of usage.
While you already know how to keep your Ingersoll Rand air compressor working and functioning properly, there are safety precautions necessary when handling and working with machines such as air compressors;
- So keep your pneumatic tools working properly, always smear these with lubricants recommended by professionals.
- But before making any adjustments, changes, or installations to your air compressor, ensure that the air supply is turned off and its hoses are disconnected. It is always important to remember, especially if you are planning any maintenance on the machine.
- Regardless of the tools you are working with, it is necessary to wear eye and ear protection before starting work. Also, make sure that the workspace is well-ventilated to avoid inhaling dangerous chemicals that are harmful to one’s health.
- If your Ingersoll Rand air compressor is built with an electric drain valve, make sure that the valve is partially 18 inches above the floor. These electric drain valves tend to cause sparking parts which need to be kept away from moisture.
We all know that Ingersoll-Rand’s tradition of excellent quality and innovation provides professional-grade power devices for numerous applications. The company has been a leader when it comes to providing excellent tools and equipment and has achieved a number of firsts in the industry. Today, Ingersoll-Rand continues to bring their tradition with new features in addition to their classic standard and quality; and lastly, the Ingersoll air compressor is priced to please both homeowners and contractors alike.